SGA Goals for Academic Year 2014-2015
- SGA will establish a comprehensive marketing plan for establishing its identity.
- SGA will make more effective use of the Office on the Quad Program through the improvement of staff member skills to engage students in conversations.
- SGA will maintain a consistent physical and online presence in order to collect constituent feedback.
- SGA Senator groups will carry out monthly constituent contact events.
- SGA will enhance programs and services designed to assist students with the issue of college affordability.
- SGA will support the development and growth of student organizations to maximize student involvement.
- SGA will work to create an open and inclusive environment that promotes the acceptance and appreciation of differences.
- SGA will collaborate with University and community partners to increase student awareness of safety issues and to address specific safety concerns.
- SGA will work to increase student awareness of sustainability issues, improve the overall campus environment, and to engage in sustainable practices.
- SGA will strive to improve the campus environment and enhance the overall Redbird experience through the sponsorship and participation in activities and events that promote campus unity.
- SGA will assess the needs of students and design and implement programs and services to respond to changing student needs.
- SGA will actively engage in conversations within the Academic Senate and its committees to affect policies and procedures that impact the student experience.
- SGA will work collaboratively with University administration to advocate for student needs.
- SGA will establish relationships with community partners in order to more effectively advocate on behalf of students.
- SGA will work with campus and community partners to promote student civic engagement and voter education.
- SGA will advocate for students with respect to local, state, and federal policies that affect the student pursuit of an education.